keskiviikko 20. heinäkuuta 2011

Time for a Change

Due to some interest I will be doing my best to write this blog in english from now on.

The previous texts might be translated at some point if I think I have a reason for doing so.
If not, you may use Googletranslator to try to make sense of them.

But now to the point. What's this blog all about? It's about being a magician in modern day Finland and about magic in general as well. Mostly I write for my own amusement but all of you guys are welcome to join me on this bumpy ride.

So put on a song called "You haven't seen the last of me" from the movie Burlesque and listen to this.


I'll be 25 on the 24th of July and I consider magic my profession, as in I do it for a living. Sure I study a little in a school that I think will be beneficial for me magic vise.

I have been having a tough summer cause I spent a little too much of my time thinking about shool and not trying to get a few gigs to make it trough these three months of unbearable heat.

And then there are the people in my life. My father for example. In my opinion he did a wonderful job raising me on his own but now he suffocates me with the advice he wants me to follow. He knows that I am a magician but still thinks that it is not enough. I in his opinion need to study my ass off to get me a decent job and settle down. This to me is the same as if I was put to prison. Chained down, forced to obey the rules of society.
I won't do it!
Sure I've had a few money problems when thinking my way but a t least I'm free.
This reminds me of the times I had a few rather intense conversations with my girlfriend about why I won't get a job now that I don't have gigs.
The answer is quite simple. It would feel like quitting the first time something doesn't go as planned on my career as a magician.


A poet called Holderlin once said
"Man is a god when he dreams and a beggar when he thinks"

Think about it..


Hope you enjoyed this new style of writing and I'll be back soon with real talk about magic and not just my whining about life.

Yours truly:
Magician Sami Paavola

Ei kommentteja:

Lähetä kommentti