keskiviikko 24. elokuuta 2011

Out with the old and in with the new.

It's been a while since my last post and a lot has happened since.

School has started again, gigs are getting booked and I was invited to talk at TEDx Las Palmas...

Summer is finally over for me. That means going back to school right when things started getting interesting considering my career. I would have so much to figure out, work on and practice but instead I'm sitting at school trying to get something done.
Don't get me wrong. I like being in school. Especially the Finnish School of Watchmaking. I get to do and make some really cool stuff. Be involved in an industry that many people have never even taught about. (Like magic wasn't enough) But right now I'd rather focus on more important subjects than school.

And my summer is also over because companies are no longer having their vacations. This means work for me. More and more events are being held the closer we get to the end of the year and it all culminates on October when the corporate Christmas parties are being held. This is a welcome change in my calendar after almost 10 weeks of vacation (excluding a few gigs).
It seems that this might be my busiest Autumn so far. Good for me.

I have been working on new things in close-up magic and came up with a great original (or at least I think its original) peace of magic. Coins trough the table from under a clear glass and with no possibility of manipulating the coins. I hope I can get it on film and post it here some day.

Oh yes.. I was invited to talk at TEDx Las Palmas about magic on the 15th of September. I'm really nervous about the whole thing and I'm hoping to give people what they came for. I only got 10 minutes for the whole thing so lets see what happens. I'll be posting something from Spain as soon as I get a chance on site or at leas when I get back.
I still got a lot to do before the event. I need to update my website so it is also readable in English, I need new business cards and I need to work on my presentation (a lot). Who knows what will happen to the me afterwards... The whole thing will be filmed and possibly shown all over the internet.
I just hope I don't screw up... :P


Stressed and exited:
Magician Sami Paavola

Ei kommentteja:

Lähetä kommentti